Simple Marketplace setup with PayPal
How to build a simple Marketplace payments integration
If your app needs to manage payments from one user to another, you can use the Paypal marketplace or Square services, but there is a simpler approach that can help you create the feature without the hassles of those methods.
This integration allows us to enable payments between users quickly and easily. It can be useful for simpler applications or MVPs.
This will be the high-level diagram of the integration:
At a low-level, this is how we do it:
- 2.Leave the Return URL as is. Check at least 'Accept payments' and 'Payouts'.
- 5.Copy the 'PayPal - Payouts API' calls from the sample app and paste them in your app API Connector plugin.
- 1.Add your PayPal client id and secret id to the API calls as username/password
- 6.Add the 'PayPal Button' from the 'Paypal Checkout' plugin and fill in all the data in it.
- 7.Add the workflow to capture the payment and its subsequent actions (in the sample app we display the final info retrieved from PayPal but you'll need to save it to the database in the appropriate data type).
Capture a payment