WebRTC solution for user-to-user video chat
There are several ways to integrate Tokbox, depending on the functionality the client is interested in.
For any approach, you'll first need to:
- 2.Ask the client to add you to their team:
Account Settings > User List > Add user > Developer permission
- 3.Accept the invite and log in
- 4.Create a project
Then the other steps depend on the approach chosen.
The Video Chat Embed is the easiest way to quickly add basic OpenTok functionality to an app. You can create separate rooms with the same embed using the room parameter.
- 1.Select the option "video chat embed" upon creating the project
- 2.Specify the website URL (note: you can only specify one)
- 3.Copy the iframe code
- 4.Paste it into your Bubble application in an HTML element
- 5.Adjust width, height and scrolling (see example below)
- 6.Make sure the room parameter is unique for each video chat users will launch
It is recommended to use the script embed code because Safari does not allow iframes to access a user's camera or microphone.
Currently video chat embeds only work on the web and provide basic audio-video chat functionality. Mobile app integration and advanced features such as archiving, screen sharing, and text chat are not included in video chat embed functionality.
Not tested yet.