This section talks about best practices when it comes to documenting your application.
When you're deep in the weeds of developing an app, the database structure and workflows are probably clear and familiar. However, imagine yourself in three months, or better yet another developer, trying to make sense of it all. Documenting your app may feel like a pain now, but you (or someone else) will be very grateful that you did!
At AirDev, we make use of Bubble's commenting feature for the following things:
- 1.All database objects
- 2.Any database fields that aren't self-explanatory
- 3.Particularly complex workflows
Some useful things to mention in these comments are:
- A database object's relationship with other objects
- The purpose of a field
- How a field is reliant on another field
- Whether a field is only used in some cases
- How a numerical field is calculated
- How different user types can interact with a certain field
- The purpose of a workflow