Comment on page
This block is a list of comments or messages by different users, with the ability for a user to create a new comment. It can be added on any object (a topic, a product, etc.).
- When this block is added to a page, it is placed within a group called Blocks container 860 (do not rename) on the page. This group contains the responsive settings for all blocks.
- The block also comes with a data type called
t-Comments. This is the data type that will store all of the comments.
- All of the comments are displayed in RepeatingGroup t-Comment.
- Button POST creates a new comment.
- Add a field to the
t-Commentdata type that represents the object on which you want users to comment. For example, if you want users to comment on products, you should add a
- Open the new_comments reusable
- Modify the type of content displayed in the reusable to be whatever object for which you want to show comments. In this case you should make the group type be
- Modify the data source for RepeatingGroup t-Comment to include whatever filter you need. In this case, you should only include comments that are linked to the Product being displayed.
- Modify the action that runs when the Button POST is clicked to also link the
t-Commentcreated to the relevant object, in this case the Product that's displayed in the reusable.
- Add a data source whenever you use the new_comments reusable that links to the appropriate object (in this case the
Productthat's displayed on the page).