Nested Comments Thread (with Like and Reply)
This block contains a list of comments created by different users. Each user can create a new comment, reply to, or like a parent comment. This block (and its comments database object) can be connected to any data object in your database (e.g., a topic, a product, or a post). Admins (or users with admin access) can manage the comments section by hovering over a comment and clicking on the ellipsis menu to delete the comment.
When this block is added to a page, it is placed within a group called Blocks container 860 (do not rename) on the page. This group contains the responsive settings for all blocks.
- new_nestedcommentsGroup This reusable element contains all of the logic and UI for the nested comments module. It contains four main groups:
- Group Parent message input This group contains the multiline input for posting a parent
comment. Clicking on Button Parent POST will most the text in MultilineInput Parent Comment as a parent
- RepeatingGroup Parent comment This repeating group displays all parent
commentsposted by users (where the parent comment is empty).
- RepeatingGroup Child comment displays all children comments (where the parent comment is parent group's comment).
- Clicking on Text Parent reply button will show Group Child message input_t-comment and allow the user to reply to a parent
- Clicking on Button Child REPLY will post the
commentunderneath the parent
- Clicking on Text Parent like button and Text Child like button will show Popup likes.
- Clicking on Group Parent fav comment_t-comment or Group Child fav comment_t-comment will like/unlike the comment.
- Clicking on Group Parent menu_t-comment and Group Child menu_t-comment will show a menu to delete a
- You should add another statement to the existing conditional statements on these groups: ...and Current user's Role is App Admin
- Group Main no comments This group will be visible when RepeatingGroup Parent comment's list of comments count is 0.
- Popup Likes This popup shows a list of users who have liked a
- Add a field to the
Commentdata type that represents the object on which you want users to comment. For example, if you want users to comment on products, you should add a
- Open the new_nestedcomments reusable
- Modify the type of content displayed in the reusable to be whatever object for which you want to show comments. In this case you should make the group type be
- Modify the data source for RepeatingGroup Parent comment to include whatever filter you need. In this case, you should only include comments that are linked to the
- Modify the action that runs when the Button Parent POST is clicked to also link the
Commentcreated to the relevant object, in this case the
Productthat's displayed in the reusable.
- Add a data source whenever you use the new_nestedcomments reusable element as an instance on a page.