This popup includes a series of groups and a progress bar. Users can go back and forth between different steps and view their progress from the progress bar at the top.
This popup includes the following:
- ProgressBar This is a progress bar included at the top of the popup to track user progress
- var - progress bar %_number This is a hidden variable in the popup that stores the percentage completion number of the current step that the user is viewing. For example, if the user is viewing step 2 (Group Collapsible tab 2_number) of 5 steps, then the number displayed in this variable will be 20 (1/5*100). The values on each collapsible group are 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 by default (since there are five groups), but these numbers can be changed if you add or remove groups. For example, if you need only 4 groups, you can change each collapsible group’s conditional values to 25, 50, 75, 100.
- Group Collapsible tab 1_number, Group Collapsible tab 2_number, Group Collapsible tab 3_number, Group Collapsible tab 4_number, Group Collapsbile tab 5_number These are five different 'step groups' that are hidden by default. Each group includes a data source of type
number, and a conditional which shows each group when the var - progress bar % number is a certain value.
- Clicking on Button Cancel will close the popup if you on the first step. If you are not on the first step, the button text will change to Back and the user can click the button to navigate back to the previous tab.
- Clicking on Button Next will navigate the user to the next tab.
If you change the number of steps in this popup, the "display data in var - progress bar%_number" actions within the next button workflows may need to be updated so that tab groups are displayed and the progress bar fills correctly.
- Clicking on Button Close will close the popup
- This popup can't be closed by pressing 'Esc' is checked by default to ensure the popup stays open after the user begins completing this multi-step form.
- Add a workflow on the page to show Popup multistepPopup
- To delete a tab group, the conditional on that tab group can be unchecked or deleted so that that group is hidden at all times. By hiding it, you can use the UI in the future if needed.
- Copy+paste a collapsible group within the popup and add any other needed UI
- Make sure the collapsible groups are vertically stacked
- Adjust the conditionals on the tab groups, and the display data actions, to support the new number of steps (e.g., displaying data values of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 in the var - progress bar_number% element would support a 10-step popup)
For this functionality, you would create multiple workflows for the Button Next Step element, and specify only when conditions on the workflow so that the action is performed right after a user enters information in the currently visible group. For example, the first collapsible group’s “Next Step” workflow could be:
When Button Next Step is clicked (*only when Group Collapsible tab 1_number is visible) →
- 1.Include an action that saves this data (if data is saved as the user completes the form)
- 2.Add a display data action that displays the number value of the Group Collapsible tab 2_number element in the var - progress bar %_number element. (This display data action will hide the first group and show the second group because of the conditionals on the first and second group.)
- If needed, add conditional statements to Text Step 1 to change the title text for each step. For example, you may add a conditional like this:
When var - progress bar %_number is Group Collapsible tab 2_number then the text is "Update profile"