Standard Portal / Dashboard Page
Use this for complex portal pages and multi-section onboarding forms.
Responsive layout for a dashboard / portal page with icons. Includes a slidable sidebar menu and tab-like UI component for showing and hiding modules. The sidebar menu is hidden by default on mobile but users can click on the hamburger menu in the upper left to open the sidebar.
- When this page is added to your app, it will come with two main groups:
- Blocks container 860 (do not rename) This group contains the responsive settings for all additional blocks you would add to the page. It is only visible when the toggle is set to the list view
- Group Inner sidebar tabs This group contains all the portal tab menu items.
- This page will also come with one popup:
- Popup Hidden Variables This popup includes various variables that are referenced in workflows or conditionals on the page.
For more information on how to use hidden variables, click here.
- var - Website object - This group stores the
website object(e.g., app name, primary color, and etc.)
- var - tab url parameter - This group stores the name of the tab (of type
text) that the user is currently viewing.
- var - sub url parameter - This group stores the name of the subtab (of type
text) that the user is currently viewing.
- var - dummy - This is a placeholder variable group. You can store any data here by updating the data type and data source of the group.
- The page comes with two navigation elements that toggle the filter sidebar's visibility on mobile:
- FloatingGroup Open sidebar button
- FloatingGroup Close sidebar button
- Within Group Inner sidebar tabs, you will find various groups called Group Main Nav 1_text, Group Main Nav 2_text, Group Main Nav 3_text, and etc. To customize these tabs, simply update the text data source of these groups to the names of your tabs. Feel free to hide or unhide any of these groups depending on how many tabs you need in your portal.
- Each Group Main Nav #_text comes with a collapsible subtab group, an alert group for notifications. These additional UIs are all hidden by default. To enable the subtab group, simply select the element, go to the conditional tab, and check the box for This element is visible on page load.
Navigational tabs in the sidebar
Use these subtabs when you have additional content you want to display under each main tab
Use this alert group when you want to display new notifications in a tab
- If needed, resize Blocks container 860 (do not rename) and add other modules inside it.
- Adjust the positioning of FloatingGroup Main back to top. It should be anchored towards the bottom of the page. As the user scrolls down the page, this group will become visible. Clicking on this group will take the user back to the top of the page (useful when you have a very long portal page).
- To hide the feather icons in the navigational tabs, you can go to the responsive tab in the Bubble editor and add a hiding rule to Group Inner nav # icon_text. Adding a hiding rule to a group will collapse the group horizontally when the parent width of the group is at a certain width.
- For each block that you add to Blocks container 860 (do not rename), uncheck the box for This element is visible on page load and check the box for Collapse this element's height when hidden.
- For each block, go to the Conditional tab and add a conditional statement for when to show the module:
- var - tab url parameter's text is Group Inner nav # icon_text tab's text then This group is visible
- For each tab within Group Inner sidebar tabs, add a workflow that triggers the custom workflow Navigate and pass Group Main Nav #_text tab's text (this group's text) as a workflow thing.
- Floatinggroup Sidebar_website is set to float to both so that the sidebar is anchored to both the top and bottom of the page and allows for scrolling within the floating group. When a floating group is set to both, the floating group height needs to be the same height as the page height (i.e., the bottom of the floating group is aligned with the bottom of the page). If not, then the floating group will "disappear" when you preview the page.
- You can change the color of the sidebar by logging in as an App Admin, going to the Admin Portal > Branding tab > Portal page style