Comment on page
Use this drawer to display details with the option to edit the fields
This edit drawer is ideal for apps where you need users to view details for a data type and allow them to make edits to that data type without leaving the current page. A drawer UI would also be a better native mobile experience than a similar edit popup UI.
This block will be pasted into your app as FloatingGroup Edit Drawer that is right-justified and fits 100% to the current page's height. It will include the following:
- Group Details tab
- This group will include various placeholder fields that you can modify and edit.
- Clicking on Group Inner close will close and hide the floating group.
- Group Edit button_edit yes/no? controls the edit mode and will toggle between Group Details tab and Group Edit tab if the group's value is set to 'yes'.
- RepeatingGroup uploaded files includes a placeholder UI for attachments. By default, the repeating group uses Bubble's
Arbitrary textexpression for demo purpose. Clicking on Link will open the attachment in a new tab.
- RepeatingGroup images includes a placeholder UI for a list of images. This repeating group also uses the
Arbitrary textexpression for demo purpose.
- Group Edit tab
- This group will be visible when Group Edit button_edit yes/no?'s value is set to 'yes'.
- On the current page, add a workflow to show the FloatingGroup Edit Drawer. For example, you might want to click an entry or button in a data table to show the drawer.
- You may also want to set the FloatingGroup Edit Drawer's type of content to an existing data type in your app (for example, a 'Project' data type). When an entry or button in a data table is clicked, in the same workflow you've added above, you'd also want to add a workflow to display the data in FloatingGroup Edit Drawer.
- Update any hardcoded values in the drawer to reference dynamic data values (i.e., the data source you displayed in FloatingGroup Edit Drawer).
- Hide and collapse any elements or groups you do not need.
- Add workflow(s) to Button Save changes to save the values in your edit form.